Wednesday 14 March 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (#1)


“Waiting On Wednesday” is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, which spotlights the upcoming releases we're really looking forward to!


Kat Zhang- What's Left of Me
Release date: September 19th 2012 (Harper)
NEVER LET ME GO meets HIS DARK MATERIALS in a beautiful, haunting YA debut, the first book in The Hybrid Trilogy.

Eva and Addie live in a world where everyone is born with two souls, but where only the dominant one is allowed to survive childhood. Fifteen years old, and closer even than twins, the girls are keeping Eva, the ‘second soul’, a secret. They know that it’s forbidden to be hybrid, but how could they ever be apart?

When a dramatic event reveals what really happens to hybrids if they are discovered, Eva and Addie face a dangerous fight for survival, neither wanting to be the one left behind…




Both Never Let Me Go and His Dark Materials are amongst my very favourite books so it's no surprise I felt a little bit dizzy with excitement when I saw this blurb. The premise sounds so interesting and the cover is beautiful too, I just wish September wasn't so far away!

14 comments:

  1. This is definitely high on my wishlist, too! Comparing it to Never Let Me Go & His Dark Materials is pretty high praise in my book! I loved both of those!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, being compared to Never Let Me GO and HDM is an awful lot to live up to, I'm really hoping this book is up to the challenge! Thanks for stopping by and following- following you too now! :)

      Delete
  2. This is high on my wishlist as well! I can't wait to read it +Following your blog! My WoW

    -Kimberly @ Turning The Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks amazing, doesn't it? Thanks for the visit, am following you too! :)

      Delete
  3. This has been on my wish list ever since I first saw it on Goodreads! Brilliant pick! :)
    - Jenni ♥ (my WoW)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this one yet, but it sounds interesting. Great pick!

    My WoW

    Amber @ Fall Into Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this one on quite some wishlists! I can't wait until it gets released, it sounds like a great dystopian (:

    Celine ~ Nyx Book Reviews
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is already on my wishlist! This is definitely one of the most awaited dystopian book!

    Von
    Mr. Book Wonder

    ReplyDelete
  7. AHHH!!! *O* I'm waiting for that too! I mean, isn't the cover and blurb simply awesome?! Great choice!

    Oh, and thanks for stopping by and following! Following you back now. You've got a very cute blog here. :D

    Meg @ The Book Galaxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks amazing doesn't it? Even before I had read the blurb I got a good feeling from the cover!

      You're welcome and thank you! Looking forward to seeing your reviews and features in the future! :)

      Delete
  8. This sounds really good! I'm adding it to my TBR list. I'm a new follower. Check out my WOW here:

    http://misclisa.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday-something-strange.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by, I'm following you too! :)

      Delete
  9. I want to check this book out too. I'm just not comfortable that it's being linked to Never Let Me Go and His Dark Materials. I hope it lives up to that comparison.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, though I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt for now it really is a lot to live up to!

      Delete